Here are the handouts from the DC Chapter of BetterInvesting class today on “Using Index Funds and Index-Based ETFs to Build a Core portfolio.” Class Handout.
If you are interesting in learning more about Index Funds and Index-based ETFs, here are some resources that might be helpful.
- The Little Book of Common Sense Investing by John C. Bogle
- A Random Walk Down Wall Street: The Time-Tested Strategy for Successful Investing, 9th Ed. by Burton G. Malkiel
- The Four Pillars of Investing: Lessons for Building a Winning Portfolio by William J. Bernstein
- The Ultimate Buy-and-Hold Strategy
- Fine Tuning Your asset Allocation
- The Relentless Rules of Humble Arithmetic
- As The Index Fund Moves from Heresy to Dogma . . . What More Do We Need To Know?
- FundAdvice.com – Website for Paul Merriam
- Bogle Financial Markets Research Center
- John Bogle’s Blog
- Seeking Alpha – ETF Section
- Vanguard Diehard’s Forum
- Weekly Podcast by Paul Merriman
- Backtesting spredsheet from one of the members of the Vanguard Diehards Forum that will back test combinations of index funds from from 1972-2008. [Open office version] Here is the thread talking about the spreadhseet.