The Computer Investing Special Interest Group of the Metro DC Chapter of AAII hosted a program in McLean, Virginia on Saturday, August 28, 2010. It included a presentation on Using Index Funds and Index-based ETFs in a Core portfolio. Here are the materials from that presentation and some related materials on index investing.
- Handouts from the Presentation
- Using Index Funds and Index-based ETFs in a Core Portfolio
- SPIVA Mid-Year Report for 2010 comparing results for active and passive (index) funds
- Callan Periodic Table of Investment Returns for 2009 from Callan Associates website
- Article “Fine Tuning Your Asset Allocation” by Paul Merriman of Fund Advice
Additional resources on asset allocation and the use index funds and index-based ETFs.
- Live It Up Without Outliving Your Money! Getting the Most From Your Investments in Retirement by Paul Merriman
- The Little Book of Common Sense Investing by John C. Bogle
- A Random Walk Down Wall Street: The Time-Tested Strategy for Successful Investing, 2011 ed. by Burton G. Malkiel
- The Four Pillars of Investing: Lessons for Building a Winning Portfolio by William J. Bernstein
- The Investor’s Manifesto: Preparing for Prosperity, Armageddon, and Everything in Between by William J. Bernstein